I am still in de-clutter mode around my house. I am making progress, but it is a process. I am almost done with my bedroom and closet, and all bathrooms and linen closets. My next major thing is the kitchen. I don’t know about you, but my kitchen is the area of my house that usually gets hit the hardest with clutter. There is a spot on the counter that is right by the garage door, so stuff inevitably gets piled there as soon as people walk in the door. It is usually covered with stacks of mail, school papers, lunch boxes, wallets, keys…you get the idea. That is not to mention the sink full of dishes and the food that the kids can’t seem to remember to put away after using it. Let’s not even talk about the inside of the cabinets and drawers. And the pantry…my kids are pretty sure that it is their personal space to eat food by the handful, drop it all over the floor, and then leave open bags and boxes of various things spilling all over the shelves.
I don’t know about you, but I live in my kitchen much of the time. Quite honestly, if my kitchen is a mess, it feels like my entire house is a mess. However, if it is clean, I find myself feeling a lot less stressed. For me, clutter equals stress, and I don’t like that feeling. So, kitchen…here I come.
If you feel the same way and would like a little inspiration to get you started on the road to a calm and clutter-free kitchen, check out the following links:
- Shining Your Sink – A shiny sink will put a smile on your face, and then you will not want to leave dirty dishes sitting there. Here is a great tutorial on how to make that sink shine.
- Kitchen Sink Procrastination – After you get that sink shined up, here are some tips on how to keep it that way.
- The Helpful Guide to a Clutter-Free Kitchen Counter – “There is something entirely refreshing and life-giving about a clean, uncluttered kitchen counter…It sets tone and culture for the home. It communicates calm and order. It promotes opportunity and possibility (who enjoys cooking in a cluttered kitchen?). It saves time and promotes cleanliness.”
- A No Frills Kitchen Still Cooks – It is easy to accumulate lots of kitchen gadgets, but are they really necessary?
- The Magic of an Organized Pantry – Great ideas for organizing your pantry into zones. I need to do this!
Please share your kitchen organizing or de-cluttering successes here. A good testimonial is always helpful!
Happy reading, and have a great weekend!