Raising hard-working kids is one of my main goals as a parent because work is one major secret to success in life. I know from my recent reader/listener survey that many of you share that goal and worry about how best to accomplish it. If you fit into that category, you are going to love today’s new episode with Blaine Wiggins.
Blaine Wiggins is a former Fortune 500 Vice President turned full-time Realtor and Vacation Cabin Expert. He has 20 years of combined experience as an executive business leader, property investor, vacation rental owner/coach, motivational speaker, real estate instructor, and
Greg and I love the Wiggins family and have personally seen the extraordinary things their kids are doing. We have seen them outside working in the yard all year long alongside their parents, even in the heat of the Arizona summer. We have seen them as budding entrepreneurs, starting businesses and marketing their own products.
Curious about what parenting strategies Blaine and Teesha were using behind the scenes to teach their kids to work, we invited them to be our podcast guests. Teesha felt more comfortable listening from the seat next to Blaine in our very professional recording studio (read: a folding table in our Master Bedroom), but we cannot discount her influence in this process.
If you want to instill a good work ethic in your children, or if you are curious about how you can encourage them to develop entrepreneurial and business skills when they are very young, you won’t want to miss this episode! Blaine has so much wisdom to share.
What you will learn:
- How to teach your kids the concept of, “Buy low; sell high,” and how they can use it to earn money in simple and age-appropriate ways
- How to nurture young entrepreneurs and teach them the skills they need to be successful in their business endeavors
- Why firing your landscaper (or maid) is a REALLY good idea
- The secret to getting kids to work
- Why it is completely OK if your kids hate
work. As Blaine says, “If they don’t love it, you are doing something right.”
Connect With Blaine:
- Instagram: List with Blaine and Wiggins Family Cabin
- Facebook: List with Blaine and Wiggins Family Cabin
- To buy or sell a home or cabin: List With Blaine.com (And to find out why you should choose Blaine, click here)
- To book time at one of the Wiggins Family Cabins in Northern Arizona (use code Throwback Parenting for a discount)
- Live in the Phoenix area? Support young entrepreneur, Cambry Wiggins, by purchasing some of her delicious homemade syrup here (it is currently unavailable to ship).
You might also enjoy:
- 5 Things I Don’t Do for My Kids (Because I am Mean)
- Will My Child Be Ready for Missionary Service? Parts 1 and 2
TO HELP THE PODCAST:
If you are enjoying the podcast, please consider subscribing or reviewing it on iTunes or wherever you listen to your podcasts. Those reviews help others to find us. And, as always, feel free to share it with your friends. Word of mouth is the best marketing tool.
I have created a free e-course to help parents of strong-willed kids navigate the tricky waters of child-rearing their determined children without losing their minds. It is a compilation of things I have learned over the last 20+ years and you can sign up here: