In Episode 23, we started our discussion about preparing children to serve missions for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If you haven’t already listened to that episode, you can do that right here. Today’s episode is a continuation of that conversation.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Why work ethic is, perhaps, the most important quality of a good missionary, and how to help your kids develop it
- How to help children develop social skills (read: face to face interaction) when digital communication is their primary means of socializing
- How to help kids learn to be humble, and how to stop bragging in its tracks
- Why physical fitness is an often overlooked aspect of missionary preparation, and how to make it a priority
- Why teaching our kids to be obedient (even when they don’t want to) is key, and how we can do that while they are young
YOU ALSO MIGHT ENJOY:
- Episode 023: Will My Child Be Ready for Missionary Service – Part 1
- Episode 005: Help! My Kids Won’t Listen (teaching obedience)
- A Letter to My Returning Missionary
- A Beautiful New Beginning
- What it is Really Like to Be A Missionary Mom
TO HELP THE PODCAST:
If you are enjoying the podcast, please consider subscribing or reviewing it on iTunes or wherever you listen to your podcasts. Those reviews help others to find us. And, as always, feel free to share it with your friends. Word of mouth is the best marketing tool.