The wisdom of Ecclesiastes chapter three provides a perfect blueprint for raising children. In this episode, we discuss the three seasons of parenting that take you from the birth of a child through emancipation. Each season has a specific purpose and goal, and each season builds upon the skills learned in the season prior. If all goes well, the result of successfully moving your child through the seasons and meeting each seasonal goal will be a respectful, competent adult.
Season one – Season of Service
- Birth through age two
- Seasonal goal: A secure child
Season two – Season of Leadership and Authority
- Ages 3-13
- Seasonal goal: A self-disciplined child
Season three – Season of Mentoring
- Ages 13-emancipation
- Seasonal goal: An emancipated child
Listen in for a comprehensive explanation of each season, ideas for accomplishing seasonal parenting goals, and how to avoid potential pitfalls.
For further information, check out the following books by John Rosemond:
- Making the Terrible Twos Terrific (For parents of toddlers)
- The Well-Behaved Child (Perfect for parents of kids ages 3-13)
- Teen-Proofing (Perfect for parents of tweens and teens. I recommend reading this one well before your kids are teens so you know what to expect!)
Listen here or on your favorite podcast app:
Don’t forget to subscribe and leave us a review. That helps more people find our show.